My company rented a piece of equipment from United Rentals, as we have many times before, by calling a toll-free number so the equipment could to be located locally without having to call each branch.We ordered the equipment to be picked up in one month.

After completion of the job, when we went to conduct a final inspection (about 6 weeks later), the piece of equipment was still there and we called United Rentals to pick it up, reiterating that we requested pickup in a month from the time of rental and did not intend to pay for the additional time that United Rentals left the equipment there. They billed us for the full time, and exorbitantly on top of that. We contacted them and thus began this cycle: They said we had to dispute the amount, which we did. When we heard nothing further, we contacted them again.

They have told us repeatedly that since we had not requested a specific pickup date ahead of time before (in years of doing business with them), they decided to disregard our claim that we requested pickup (in other words, called us liars); also that our dispute was dismissed (without notice of any kind); that they would do some research and/or talk to a manager and call us back (which they never did).

We contacted them weekly, trying to resolve the matter (it was a difference of several thousand dollars above what we agreed to and we are a small company), always got a promise of resolution, never got a call or email back, and then received a text that they were turning it over for collection.We have used United Rentals for years and not had an issue, but after this we will not only never use them again, but will share this experience whenever possible.

Review about: United Rentals Tool Rental.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I didn't like: Whole experience.

Had an Experience with United Rentals?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion